Calvert Cliffs Units 1 and 2 are located in Lusby, Maryland approximately 40 miles south of Annapolis, Maryland. The Combustion Engineering PWRs are operated and owned (50.01%) by Constellation Nuclear Energy Group LLC, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Constellation Energy Group. Electricite de France owns the remaining 49.99%. Unit 1 is licensed to operate until July 31, 2034. Unit 2 is licensed to operate until August 13, 2036.
The ISFSI at Calvert Cliffs began accepting SNF from both units in 1994 pursuant to a site-specific license. The ISFSI consists of a concrete storage pad measuring 226 feet by 666 feet. As of the end of 2008, 1,536 assemblies were stored in 60 dry casks on site. The casks being used are manufactured by Transnuclear — NUHOMS cask system, 24P and 32P canister types. As of the end of 2010, there was 1,300 metric tons of SNF in storage at Calvert Cliffs.